Friday, August 1, 2014

By Way of an Introduction

      Hi! My name is Chassidy. I have always been a tattoo enthusiast. This blog was inspired partly by my friend Raven's tattoo, which was the first UV tattoo I had ever seen. She had a large, gorgeous piece that took up her entire back. I thought it was awesome (as were almost all of her tattoos), but I had no idea she had UV work in the design until she happened to step under a backlight. I was amazed. I had seen the tattoo many times and I had never realized it was there, or even that such a thing was being done.
     This brought up the question of safety though. How can something that glows be safe to put in your body? Turns out, this question is not easily answered. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on the subject of UV tattoos out there. However, I'm hoping to dig up as much as I can and post it all here in one place. I hope to help not only other ink enthusiasts, but also hopefully artists by collecting information and resources on this subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment